We all know the benefits of a brisk walk and you will often find that Chiropractors often advise that walking as a great way to alleviate the discomfort associated with lower back pain. but it is important to follow some basic advice to keep your back safe.
Our chiropractor in Stoke on Trent offers this advice for you to follow:
- Start with some warm up exercises before you set out. Gentle stretching is always recommended to adequately prepare the muscles and joints so they are not cold when you begin your walk.
- During your walk, maintain a good pace to obtain the maximum benefits
- Be sure that you hold your head high and well centred between the shoulders, keeping the shoulders straight yet relaxed but avoid slouching forward.
- Support your body using your abdominal muscles, keeping the stomach pulled in slightly and stand straight.
- Don’t over stride; make sure that each step is natural as striding too far can cause pain in the hips and back.
If you follow our chiropractor’s advice there is no reason why you can’t enjoy a walk no matter how long or short it may be. You’ll not only help your back but you’ll be getting some gentle exercise too.
Take your first step towards better health and call us on 01782 848 184 today
From the team at City Chiropractic Clinic
Our Chiropractors in Stoke on Trent are here to help you