By now, most of us know that regular exercise can be one of the most effective ways of managing back pain. According to our Stoke on Trent chiropractor, most instances of back pain are caused by ligaments and muscles around the spine. In these cases – and in most cases of back pain – exercise is usually a beneficial way of reducing pain and improving the overall health of the spine. Even for patients who suffer from severe back pain, regular gentle exercise, such as walking, can significantly help to lessen or manage symptoms.
But there are some warning signs that warrant a trip to the GP over the gym. These are:
- If your back pain worsens at night or when lying flat
- If your pain persists for six weeks or longer
- If your pain is associated with weight loss and/ or fever
- If you experience any loss of bowel/ bladder control
- If you have shooting pain down one or both legs
- If your back pain is a result of a recent fall
If any of the symptoms on the list apply to you, consult a medical professional promptly.
Take your first step towards better health and call us on 01782 848 184 today
From the team at City Chiropractic Clinic
Our Chiropractors in Stoke on Trent are here to help you