As the days lengthen and the weather warms up (hopefully), golfers will be taking to golf courses in greater numbers.
At City Chiropractic in Stoke on Trent our team of chiropractors encourage everyone to get outdoors and get active. Golf is a great activity as it offers both. However, golf is not immune from putting stresses and strains on the body which can lead to injuries.
Our chiropractors have put together some tips to help you golfers stay safe:
- Invest in a lightweight bag. Golf bags can be heavy and awkward so use as light a bag as possible. Also look for one with a dual harness strap over the shoulders as this will help evenly distribute the weight.
- Wear a good pair of shoes: Your golf shoes need to be good fitting and supportive that ensure you maintain a stable stance and help avoid unnecessary twisting of your back and hips.
- Use a power or electric caddy: Using a pull-trolley inevitably leads to you twisting your body awkwardly so think about using a power or electric caddy.
- Warm up before teeing off: Do some simple stretches for a few minutes before teeing off to improve your flexibility and minimise the risk of injury. Focus on stretching your hamstrings, quads, chest and shoulders. Warm up on the driving range before starting your round.
- Bend at the knees: When you are picking up your golf bag, bend at the knees and not at the waist.
- Cool down: When you have finished your round repeat the stretches used in your warm up routine.
If you are suffering any pain then why not make an appointment with one of our chiropractors – they’re here to help.
Take your first step towards better health and call us on 01782 848 184 today
From the team at City Chiropractic Clinic
Our Chiropractors in Stoke on Trent are here to help you