There’s no doubt that staying active in your later years will help you to feel more energetic and happy. But what are the more specific health benefits of keeping moving as you get older?
Our Stoke on Trent chiropractor explains that maintaining regular activity can be very advantageous to your health, in ways such as:
- Helping to control high blood pressure and angina
- Helping to maintain a healthy weight
- Helping to maintain regular bowel movements
- Helping to increase a poor appetite
- Helping to strengthen muscles and bones – this can reduce the risk of fractures
- Helping to manage back pain and other pain associated with chronic conditions
Remember that any amount of extra activity that’s appropriate for your age group and health can make a difference! And it’s never too late to start (even if you’ve been inactive for many years)! Just be sure to speak to your GP or health provider before increasing your level of activity.
Live well, age well!
Take your first step towards better health and call us on 01782 848 184 today
From the team at City Chiropractic Clinic
Our Chiropractors in Stoke on Trent are here to help you