The nights are getting darker, illuminated pumpkins are filling up the shop windows and there is a spooky feeling in the air. It can only mean one thing – Halloween is on its way! But while many of us like to celebrate and have fun on the eeriest evening of the year, it’s important to stay safe too.
Here our Stoke on Trent chiropractor shares some top tips on how to keep you and your kids safe this Halloween:
- The traffic may be busier at Halloween, so make sure you cross the roads carefully.
- Put down any electronic devices and keep your heads up and walk (don’t run) across the street.
- Teach your children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing the road in front of them.
- Always walk on pavements or paths. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings possible.
Trick or Treat Safety
- Make sure you or another responsible adult supervise children under the age of 12. If your kids are older mature enough to be out without supervision, they should stick to familiar, well-lit areas.
- Always decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers. If possible, choose light colours.
- Encourage your children to use face paint or make up instead of masks, which can obstruct their vision and place them at risk of injuries.
- Buy your children glow sticks or give them a torch to carry while they’re out trick or treating These will help them to see more clearly in the dark and be seen by drivers.
- Try costumes on before Halloween. This will ensure what you and your children wear is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
- Drive slowly and be aware that there is likely to be children out during the evening at Halloween. Also bear in mind that children can get overly excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Enter and exit driveways slowly and carefully.
- Remove any distractions inside your car so that you can fully focus on the road and your surroundings.
- The most common trick-or-treating hours are between 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for children during that time.
Enjoy, have fun and stay safe!
Take your first step towards better health and call us on 01782 848 184 today
From the team at City Chiropractic Clinic
Our Chiropractors in Stoke on Trent are here to help you