Back aches and pains can be fairly common during pregnancy as the body goes through significant changes, none more so than postural changes. These change can place pressure on the joints of the spine and in turn, this, for some women can result in back aches and pains. Some of the changes that can cause back aches and pains are an increase in lumbar curving, growing breast size and an increased risk of problems from overstretching and lifting.
Our chiropractor at City Chiropractic in Stoke on Trent offers the following general posture advice to help keep those back aches and pains at bay during pregnancy:
- Core exercises can help your posture. Talk to your chiropractor, GP, midwife or other healthcare professional for advice that’s appropriate for you.
- Consider taking specialist pregnancy yoga classes from 12 weeks onwards.
- Swimming and aqua natal classes offer a beneficial way to provide good exercise and relaxation.
- Wear comfortable and supportive shoes.
- Always lift with your spine straight and knees bent.
- Avoid sitting for long periods. When sitting ensure the chair full supports your body and takes your full weight – your body, as much as possible, should be in contact with the chair.
We wish you all the best during your pregnancy.
Take your first step towards better health and call us on 01782 848 184 today
From the team at City Chiropractic Clinic
Our Chiropractors in Stoke on Trent are here to help you