Think back pain only happens to the more senior members of society? Think again! According to our Stoke on Trent chiropractor, back pain is becoming more and more common in children, particularly during adolescence where children aged 12 and over experience significantly more back pain than younger children.
Some causes of back pain in children include poor posture, inappropriate forms of exercise and carrying heavy schoolbags. We’ve listed some other risk factors below for you to be aware of:
- Obesity and poor posture
- Heavy schoolbags that are carried on one shoulder or in one hand
- Incorrectly packed backpacks
- Inactive lifestyle, such as watching a lot of television or sitting in front of the computer for long periods of time
- Injuries caused by vigorous sports such as football or horse riding and gymnastics
- Soft tissue injuries, such as strains and sprains
- Competitive sports that require intense training
If pain is persistent, and felt in the same place, take your child to see a healthcare professional. Children with back pain may be at risk of developing chronic back pain as adults so it’s important to encourage sensible back care from a young age.
Take your first step towards better health and call us on 01782 848 184 today
From the team at City Chiropractic Clinic
Our Chiropractors in Stoke on Trent are here to help you